Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Submissions?

The first issue currently being edited and in lay-out at the same time. Probably not the best way to produce a professional magazine, but pretty typical for the seat of yo pants style of a zine. But it's looking amazing. This first zine features art and a new patron from folks in my weekly gaming group. The rest of the zine is filled out with articles by me. The premier issue is mostly a proof of concept, but it doesn't mean the stuff in it isn't good. Most everything in there is being used in my regular game. The patron was designed by the player of the first Wizard in the party, it's himself in the future! Sounds nuts, I know, but the concept is great. That's him on the cover, btw. Ironically the PC met with death a while back. So how is this future self of a dead character a patron? You'd have to ask him yourself by invoking him. He's insane, so I wouldn't do it personally. Also in the debut issue are tips on running a more pulp style Sword & Sorcery campaign--omitting demi-humans, clerics and giving everyone access to a simplified version of thief skills. There are also tips and tricks for using Old-School spells, as-is, on-the-fly. I'm telling you good stuff in a little package. Well I think so, anyway.

Fan material! Ok, so I'm not sure how I want to handle submissions. I want them. I want to put your ideas, anecdotes, tips, tricks, magic items, spells, patrons, and house rules in my little zine. I don't see myself personally filling out every issue, so I need contributions. But I want your best stuff only. Only stuff that you use yourself. Art, comics, stories, character stats & write-ups are good too though!

The heart of this zine is to share.

Publishers! I'm sure lots of your stuff gets cut from your releases, maybe some updates and errata? I think there'll be room for that stuff too.

Reviews! Of course. A ton of OSR releases are 99% compatible with DCC RPG, not to mention all the 3rd Party adventures & supplements coming out the moment DCC RPG is released. There will totally be room for product reviews!

Post comments below, or contact me directly if you have an awesome idea for the zine. I want this zine to be a staple (a zine pun!) for the DIY DCC RPG community, and it can totally be that if everyone joins in on the fun.

3 comments:

  1. Future self as patron! wow, that's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stoked about this ... when can I subscribe?

    //H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this and the time to write up a contribution or two.

    ReplyDelete