Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pre-Sale Soon!

I just got the go-ahead to start accepting pre-orders. I still can't ship until the full game gets released, but you can expect to find your copy of Crawl! fanzine in your mailbox a little after you get your copy of the mighty tome that is the DCC RPG.

I'll be announcing the pre-sale once I figure it all out. I'll be accepting Pay-pal (booo!) and Google Checkout (ok, fine.) but I'm going to look into DWOLLA. It's the only "cash" like system that I could find. It's not as easy to make a "button" for as it is for Google and Paypal, but it's cheaper. They cut out the middle-man, basically the credit-card companies, and charge a flat $0.25 per transaction over $10. Which means it's FREE for an issue of Crawl! It's the coolest thing I could find that doesn't have big bank fingers in their pockets. We'll see, and I'm open for suggestions.

Subscriptions will be simple, and I will be offering them. They'll be per block of issues, as opposed to a "monthly" or "yearly" basis. It's the best way to make sure you don't miss an issue, and it also locks in the prices. Gas & paper isn't cheap, and their prices are only getting higher.

If you're in the LA area, I'll be contacting FLGS to see if they'll stock my zine. The MSRP will be similar to the direct order price, maybe a bit more. But you'll be supporting a game shop, so it'll be worth it.

If you're a retailer (or know someone that is), please contact me directly at crawl@straycouches.com, and we can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment