Friday, June 15, 2012

Sold Out! (Again.)

But more are on the way. You guys are awesome. For some reason I got an influx of orders the last night, and this morning, and it wiped out my current stock of No.1. I had to dig into my Reserves (if you know what I mean) so I could fulfill as many orders I could, because starting this afternoon I'll be really busy through Sunday. Then I'll be out of town early next week to go camping on a local island  (yes, we have those in LA, it's called Catalina.) So starting now there will be a delay in shipments because 1. I have to print more and 2. I'm going to be crazy busy until Wednesday! Plus I need the break.

On a plus-note, I finished the lay-out draft of No. 2. I'm very proud of it. It's The Loot! Issue. It'll feature things like TREASURE, MAGIC ITEMS and not-so-magic items. Tons of new weapons & adventuring equipment and a merchant that knows "just the right guy" that might be interested in some of your wares. I have to print a test run or two to find any weird glitches that don't show up on monitors and then send it in for approval. With any luck, you'll find your copy of No.2 in your mailbox in a week & a half! For now here's a little teaser from one of my artists/players, Lauren Simpson.
Treasure Chest by Lauren Simpson
Also! There have been inquiries about the next issue and subscriptions. Please don't use the Issue No.1 link to buy Issue No.2, there will be a new link. Subscriptions will, by default, start with the CURRENT ISSUE, which is No.1 at this time. If you already ordered No.1 separately, and decided on a subscription, PLEASE MAKE A NOTE stating the subscription starts at No.2. Actually, I'd prefer if you waited until No.2 becomes available to start your subscription. But I'll do my best to make sure I don't screw up any orders.


The tentative On-Sale date for Issue No.2 is June 26th. Subscriptions will start at No.2 at that time. I really can't make any exceptions, because it's a matter of efficiency and accuracy. It's really confusing as it is.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the success. I did a mini review of your zine last night. I hope that helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, I used your 20 Random Forest Encounters last night in my weekly game. I love it. The Bush Beast scared the ba-jeebus out of the party. They're hex-crawling through the Isle of the Unknown right now, and your forest encounters works perfectly. They stumbled upon the gold panning guys, who became named Larry, Moe & Curly. And they're from Hirot (Doom of the Savage Kings.) The tax collector works for the Jarl... I f-ing love all the OSR stuff coming out, and it's all compatible with DCC RPG. So much good stuff right now, I don't know where to start. But things like your random encounters work so well for me because they're universal.

      Delete
    2. Fantastic. Glad it was useful. Sometimes when you write these things you wonder if anyone will use them. And tomorrow I'm buying the main rules for DCC because of your zine. OSR does a lot of fantastic stuff. Looking forward to your next issue.

      Delete
  2. Too many orders pouring in? I wish you will always have such problems! :D

    Have a nice time on Catalina Island. Although I am across the world in Toronto now, I used to live on Santa Monica Blvd, and I have fond memories of the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? First world problems...

      I haven't been to Catalina in about 11 years.

      Delete
    2. And I got Third world problems.
      What about a PDF version of it as a special treat to brazilians fans like me? :(

      Delete
    3. I can ship to Brazil, is $4.50 USD too steep? Or is there another issue? I'm always looking for artists & writers. You could earn an issue, and depending upon the amount of work I get, I can comp back and future issues.

      Delete